How to Request a Housing Inspection

If you have problems in your apartment or building, even before there is a court case, you can call 311 and request a housing inspection. If an inspection is made,…

Illegal Lockout Proceedings

In most situations, a landlord may not attempt to evict a tenant without first bringing the tenant to court and obtaining a judgment of possession and a warrant of eviction….

Tenants guide Introduction

Neighborhood stabilization services include landlord/tenant counseling, graffiti cleaning and monitoring problem buildings.

Non-payment Cases

A nonpayment case is brought by a landlord to collect unpaid rent. A tenant may be evicted for non-payment of rent. Before you can be sued, the landlord or someone…

Notice of Eviction

Notice of Eviction Tenants guide to NYC housing court A “notice of eviction” is a written notice from a City Marshal that warns you that you and your family can…

Order to Show Cause

An “Order to Show Cause” is a court order telling a person to come to court and show why the orders requested by the other side should not be granted….

Settlements and Stipulations

You and your landlord may reach a settlement to your case in the Resolution Part, in mediation, or even in the Trial Part, with or without the assistance of the…